5 things you need to know before heading for grad trip.


Graduating soon? And all the sudden got so excited to plan for a graduation with your clique? Ya, my clique too, when we are graduating. Starting from planning of the country, to the date, to really purchasing the air plane tickets and started planning the literary. 

Before all those started and having some regrets are the trip, do read this blog post beforehand. I do not mean everything is 100% true, but this is what I feel about our graduation trip. Ours is really pretty enjoyable, but it just feel a little different.... from my other family trip


1. What you plan doesn't mean what you will achieve

Yea sure, you can plan a full list of packed schedule and thinking it will be a super enjoyable however, it might not be as straightforward as what you thought. It is like planning for a day of studying schedule and thinking you really mug from science, to history. Ya totally, your brain would not be distracted and able to focus so damn well. That's me usually, like a few days before exams, but my brain still got fried and rest is needed.

When on a grad trip, you might think your friends have the equal amount of energy as you do. Planning a packed schedule and think that all your friends move in the same pace as you, then you might be wrong. But don't get me wrong, it is always great to plan a packed schedule, in case your clique is really on task; just don't carry high hopes on that. Even before my trip, I didn't, that's why I enjoyed myself. HAHA


2. It's totally different from travelling with your family

Family is someone we stay together since young and we all know one another's temper and living habits, but with friends, it's not, except you guys are roommates. We still keep a small distance with friends as compared to family, like duh. Thus, the atmosphere will completely change as how you do when travelling with your family. EVEN FINANCE WISE. 

When travel with family, you spend money without planning your budge, but when having grad trip, you have to plan your budge, as there isn't any ATM around you to pass you money. You could go the real ATM if you have the credit card, but most of us don't. 

In Taiwan, everyday I limit myself to spend not more than NT$2000 (SGD$100), which everyday I have left over, and the last day, I left about NT$5000, which I end up buying items from Duty Free Shop. Thus, planning your budget before setting off is always good. 

3. Everyone needs that personal time for his or her personal space

Like for me, it is the morning that I don't wish to be disturbed till I laze around my bed for another few more minutes (usually 10 or half an hour) and if I work up late or something happened that ruin my morning, high chance, my whole day will be ruined. Some of my friends are the travelling time, when we travel; they put on their earpiece and just be in their own world. I mean that is totally fine, but you need to be aware and not get upset over the fact. 

If your clique would to mention to each other regarding these kind of issue, that will make the trip even better. 

4. Whatever you do, it does affect the whole team

Some times, your clique doesn’t say you, doesn't mean they don't mind. I'm those kind of person who dislike it when someone kept using their phone, especially for trips. Perhaps it is my family; we are those kinds of people who eat without our phones on the dining tables. Thus, you always see me MIA from text, cause I'm not a phone person. 

There might be situation that you kept doing, example using your phone 24/7, and you think it is perfectly fine because it became a habit, but it is a trip and dude, you should left your phone side, except for photo-taking. Perhaps towards the end, my clique might feel a little uncomfortable with me kept taking vlog, thus, shortening the last part by so much (also my cam spoilt at that time). But no one wants a trip with no communication. 

OR example, having someone kept showing "I'm really tired" face. That's why I mention in the first pointer, everyone has different energy bar. 

5. It's either make it or break it

Of course, I made it through with my clique, and now we still hang out to have supper time together, due to my official full time and part time job. In a trip, you must be fully prepared that if the trip is unenjoyable, the worst-case scenario will be break it (break the clique bond). This is one of my friends said it to me before my grad trip, as there is some issues going here and there before we even go Taiwan, and she reminded me this pointer. Also, I saw some of my friends who break after their trips together, with some quarrel here and there. Thus, a great planning beforehand it required, and of course, go with someone out there that you feel comfortable and they are somewhat like you.


Share:

0 comments