Passion, where are you?


In this busy uptown and work seems endless, sometimes I just have a tingy wingy thought of giving up. Having passion isn't something that drives you more. For me, appreciation does as well. After working full-time in a position that seems so raw initially, till today I have a passion to visual better artworks for my company, kinda like my position current but with the endless work stacking up. It's making me breathless. 

Many older generation people mention that today's society, everyone wants work-life balance, but does our workloads actually allows it? For me, sometimes. I do admit, I'm in a really flexible working lifestyle, due to my boss having much trust that we will complete our work. But this lifestyle also caused many many last minute workloads, because everything ain't plan well. 

Rushing work seems to be the next norm, but I don't like this norm. I would love to progress with this company, and previously I'm giving much responsibility and suddenly my new boss hinting me to give up those responsibilities or having more for her, making me feel unappreciated or I'm just working because I need that money. In fact, I do need the money for my lifestyle and school fee, but also I really like how I managed to get the whole picture and everything on hand. Then I need to let it go. 

Initially, I was telling my friend how much I love job due to the passion I have, and he replied, "do you think passion could last forever?" We had a mini debate, and obviously, the answer is "no". Because even designers have to follow what the boss or client would like, except they are really good or talented until the point that they are their boss. #Swag. 

Today, I'm sitting here - time checked: 0047, packing up my hard drive for my work. Thinking, when is the last time I could breathe well and thinking when could I really follow the job scope I'm suppose to do.

Share:

0 comments