What do people mean by 'be yourself'?


Every Friday We Look Forward To.... #ThoughtsWeekly !

A suddenly impromptu post, because when I'm walking home, I started having deep thoughts and decided to like write a post out of it.

People always say "Be yourself" but I cannot comprehend the meaning of this phase. It's like sometimes I don't even know myself well to be myself, do you get what I mean? It's like I have different types of personality, and sometimes I don't know which one is the real me, or should I say all are the real faces of me, just that the situation and people I'm with changes me?

For example, I saw a post on my IG where a person posts some event, and many people wrote, "grates !". Here I'm wanting to comment too, but hold a second thought of.. "why do I want to comment? I'm not particularly close to this person and decided not to.

So which is the real me? The one who is spontaneous about everything or the more reserved me?

As we grow older, we then to change our character, our personality, and sometimes I don't even know myself anymore. LOL. It's like I consistently want to be a better me, want to be someone who I feel their personality is really good and positive. Then there are people who will say things that, 'why you want to copy that person? why do you want to be like them? Just be yourself la' .

Here I am,not even know who am I and want to change for the better ya. Like these days I have been thinking hard should I start putting on makeup to work? Or even dress up better to work? But somehow I feel that these changes will be judged too. When you decided to dress up, people will be like ' going date uh?' but no? I just want to dress up a little. And I'm overly concern that if I consistently put makeup, what if one fine day I decided not to put, will people judge too?

YOU GET WHAT I MEAN GUYS?! Like it's hard to even please yourself sometimes?! Because somehow it's all in the mind, and my inner soul could not pass by that stage?! Currently, I feel that my chin is slightly longer and want to chop it off, I'm so honest here cause all of you are my friends so let's not judge. But you see, I told like a few friends, all say I'm crazy ! Lol, like how to be me?

When I want to be more motivated to be a blogger and post some videos, but somehow my friends like tiffany being a non-blogger instead ._. they just like all other IG posts except the one I advertise for myself... like #whattodonow...

Sometimes I do want to hear like discuss of these kind of topics rather than my big brain debating with my small brain. Do comment and let me know how to be myself ya.

Still loving this column and never regret
#LoveTiff.




Share:

0 comments