Guide of Travelling around, while eating good food in Hokkaido!


Hi Pals! Welcome back to another food post (YAY!) 🌚

But before we go into that, perhaps having some transportation guidance will save a lot of your time while travelling around Hokkaido! 

1. Please do get your Hokkaido Rail Pass, if you're going to travel around Hokkaido! 🚄🚄🚄

We have gotten the 7 days Hokkaido Rail Pass, which costs about $290, while they also have the 3 days, 5 days or flexible 4 days passes. You may check out the prices here, and compare it to klook or kkday where they might have special package comes together with it! 

For the Hokkaido Rail Pass, you would need to change your ticket to the pass, as shown below, in Hokkaido's station. But fear not, as their airport train station has one counter too! The queue might take awhile, so plan some time for that. 



2. Transportation Route:


This might be one of the most important section you have to take note because the train/bus runs away without waiting for additional one second! For this, we really planned so well before we head over, or consistently loading the time table! But HyperDia really helped a lot, and it's always advisable to wait for the train at least 5minutes beforehand! As the train usually arrives before the search time #thankmelater

--

OKAY SO WE OBVIOUSLY SAVED THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE BOTTOM PART OF THE POST

--

Let's have a countdown on the food, shall we start from top 1?! LOL. Okay, let's go~ 🤤



P.S/ let's start with the most delicious cream puff that I've gotten in the supermarket of Hokkaido, I believe every supermarket has this, but we have gotten this from Asahikwa's supermarket 💗 Perfect moment for any train ride or after dinner treat!! OMG, CAN I GET THIS LIKE NOW?!

Top 5: Samurai Curry






The curry samurai was introduced by our Airbnb host, and it tasted pretty decent in the town of Sapporo. I like how huge the portion is, basically if you don't eat much or want to venture into more food, you can share one bowl of the curry soup!

I love Japanese curry, where it's not spicy but sweeter! But they do have like laksa curry, which has more coconut milk and slightly spicier. Also, they have the different level of the spiciness, I choose lv 4 which is just for my tastebud!

Address: Japan, 〒001-0022 Hokkaido Prefecture, Sapporo, Kita Ward, 北22条西4丁目2-20

Top 4: The Ramen 🍲



I really love how big portion the ramen of this shop is! It is at Kamikawa (near the ice pavilion or a station away from Biei or Funao)! It's pretty affordable which is about 930Yen (around SGD $11)

The broth is pork bone, and it tasted really salty but I LOVE IT! They will only start cooking every ingredient upon order, thus the wait is usually 15-30minutes. With the really fresh bean sprout, that is still crispy and the noodle isn't blanched or precooked. So the waiting game is real.


Top 3: MORNING MARKET -  HUGE ASS SCALLOP, SUPER SWEET HONEYDEW AND FRESHEST SQUID






I HAVE TO FEATURE THIS PART OF MY JOURNEY AND IT'S SOOOO OMG!! 

Okay, I guess I'm safe to say that, in my next trip, I will venture more in Hakodate, thanks to all the great food in that area! Just the morning market alone, it kinda wow-ed me with all the impressive food!! I fished the squid up, if you haven't watch it, catch that up on my vlog! 

The honeydew was like a little too overpriced, like SGD $6, BUT IT'S REALLY SWEET LIKE DAMN SWEET!!

Top 2: Sushi 🍣





This is at Hakodate too! I couldn't remember the name of the sushi restaurant, but I must say it's freshly made right in front of you literally, and it tastes really fresh and good! I mean, just look at the tuna and salmon and you will know how fresh those fishes are, also, Hakodate is near the ocean which means fresher seafood! Key point: the price is pretty reasonable I would say, it is only SGD$12 for their premium set!

It's near Perry house inn, walk a little further down in the direction of the drug store, towards your left and you will be able to see it.



Top 1: HAKODATE CHEESE CAKE!! 





Of course, I died on every cheesecake, but this is DA BOMB 💣, no I'm not even kidding. If you think Le Tao is great, then you have to eat this. The cheesecake from this brand melts in your mouth and it's so fresh that it couldn't last more than 3 days!! Also, it's damn fragile la, omg. I was just walking back from the red brick warehouse to the train station, and it started to look ugly. Thus, no image of it 😅


So this concludes my top 5 favourites, and what are yours from Japan? OMG, I might be heading to Tokyo or Osaka next year Feb, so if you have any great suggestions, please tell me~~!!

Tata, 
Tiff

Share:

0 comments